Omawumi is an esteemed Nigerian singer, actress, movie producer and songwriter. She became famous after appearing in the TV series West African Idols. She has released three albums in her distinguished career. Read on to learn Omawumi net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Omawumi was conceived on 13 April 1982 in Delta, Nigeria. Her father’s name is Chief Dr. Frank and her mother’s name is Aya Megbele. She went to Nana Primary School and College of Education Demonstration Secondary School to pursue her studies. Then, Omawumi obtained a law degree from Ambrose Alli University. She showed an interest in music in her youth.
Omawumi started her professional career by joining the reality TV show West Africa Idols. She ultimately ended up as the runner up of the show. Her performances were appreciated by the audiences. In 2008, she released her first song ”In The Music”. In 2011, Omawumi launched her debut album Wonder Woman which was positively received.
She released her second album Lasso of Truth which was an enormous success. She won many awards for this album. It gained her fame and wealth. In 2013, she released her third album Timeless which made her very popular. In 2017, Omawumi launched her extended play titled In Her Feelings. It was critically acclaimed. In 2020, she released her single ”Lituation” which enjoyed moderate success.
Her most popular songs include If you ask me, Bottom Belle, Megbele, Me Ke, For my baby, Wash yourself, Somtin, Malowa, Belle, Butterflies, Chocolate, The Matter, Same Guy, What a bang-bang, When the Boss is coming, Outro, Without you, Today Na Today, I No Sure, Africa, True Loving, The African Way, Mr. Sinnerman, Stay Alive, Tabansi, Green Grass, Through the Fire and Dolapo. She is also the owner of the label Hermanes Media.
Omawumi has worked with several musicians and singers such as Flavour, Philkeyz, Kizz Daniel, Slimcase, DJ Spinall, Afay, Naeto C, Banky W, Chaka Demus, Donell Jones, M.I, P-Square, Pliers, Angelique Kidjo, Sasha, Tekno, Davido, Angie Stone, 9ice, Remy Kayz, Falz, Timaya, Wizkid, 2Baba, Lynxxx and Cobhams Asuquo. Her genres are Pop, Soul, R&B, and Afro-pop. She is signed to Oma Records, Roc Nation and Hermanez Media.
Omawumi has also acted in several movies. In 2010, she made her film debut in the comedy movie Inale. In 2011, she was cast in The Return of Jenifa. In 2013, she appeared as Nina Dan Ansah in the comedy film House of Gold which won several awards. In 2014, she was cast in the dance music movie Make a Move. She also made an appearance in the film In the Music. In 2019, Omawumi produced a movie titled She is. The movie raises awareness about the issues successful women face in Nigerian society.
|Full Name||Omawumi Megbele|
|Date of Birth||13 April 1982|
|Place of Birth||Delta State, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, actress, movie producer|
|Omawumi Net Worth||$2 Million|
Awards & Nominations
Omawumi has achieved a lot in her career. In 2009, she won The Headies Award for Best Vocal Performance (Female). She received the ”Best Recording of the Year” and ”Best Female Vocal Performance” at 2018’s The Headies Awards. Other nominations include ”Best Female Artist” at the ELOY Awards. Omawumi Biography is a source of motivation for upcoming Nigerian artists.
Omawumi Net Worth
Omawumi has a respectable net worth of $2 million. She has made a fortune in her glorious career. She makes money through her singing and endorsement deals.
Facts about Omawumi
- Omawumi’s full name is Omawumi Megbele. Her Zodiac is Aries. She belongs to the Itsekiri ethnicity.
- She can sing in numerous languages for example English, Yoruba, and French.
- Omawumi has several endorsement deals with popular brands such as Globacom, Konga.com, and Malta Guinness.
- She is very active on social media sites. Her Instagram account has over 600,000 followers and her Twitter profile has more than 800,000 followers.
- Omawumi supports several causes, for instance, Rise with the Energy of Africa campaign.
- She is married to a guy named Tosin Yussuf. They have 2 children together.
- Omwaumi used to be a lawyer in her family firm ”O.S Megbele and Associates” before becoming a professional singer.
- This talented and beautiful singer has done really well for herself in her decade-long career.
- She owns a house worth 100 million Naira. Moreover, she has two cars, a Kia Optima car and a 2012 ML 350 Mercedes.