2Baba Biography & Wiki
2Baba is a famous Nigerian record producer, singer, businessman, activist, and songwriter. He is one of the most popular pop singers in Nigeria. Read further to learn about 2Baba Biography.
View this post on Instagram
2Baba aka Innocent Ujah Idibia was conceived on 18 September 1975 in Jos, Nigeria. He belongs to Idoma ethnic group in Nigeria. He went to Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School to study. Then he attended the Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu to obtain a diploma in Business Administration. However, he didn’t complete his course and dropped out to focus full time on his career. He chose the stage name of 2face Idibia.
2Baba started his incredible career by traveling to Lagos and singing with rapper Blackface. He formed a band named Plantashun Boiz with Blackface and Faze. In 2000, they released their first album Body and Soul which was a commercial and critical success. In 2003, their second album Sold Out was released which was also a success. In 2004, the band broke up due to several different reasons. Each one of them went on to have a successful individual career.
In 2004, 2Baba released his solo album Face 2 Face which brought him fame and wealth. In 2006, he released his second album Grass 2 Grace which was a superhit. In 2009, he experimented by releasing an album titled The Unstoppable. It was critically acclaimed and won him many awards. He has founded his own label company Hypertek Entertainment.
His Genres are Hip hop, gospel, Afropop, reggae, R & B, Afrobeats. He has collaborated with several artists such as Wizkid, Sound Sultan, Vector, M.I., Joe El, Blackface and Faze. He has partnered with several brands including Nigerian Breweries, Guinness and many others. In 2015, 2Baba arranged a FORTYfied All-Star Tribute Concert to celebrate his 40th birthday. Many musicians such as Wizkid, Seyi Shay, Timaya, D’banj, Vector the Viper, and Wande Coal attended the event.
Some of 2Baba’s famous singles are Amaka, Opo, Baba Nla, Oyi, African Queen, Target you, See Me So, True Love, gaga Shuffle, If Love is a Crime, Nfana Ibaga, Enter the Place, U No Holy Pass, Ole, Coded Tinz, Love & Ashes, and I dey Hear Everything.
In 2012, 2Baba got hitched to actress, model, and producer Annie Macaulay. They had a grand wedding in Dubai in which many famous people came. They have 2 children together. Overall, 2Baba has 7 children from 3 different women.
|Full Name||Innocent Ujah Idibia|
|Date of Birth||18 September 1975|
|Place of Birth||Jos, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Singer, record producer, songwriter, businessman, activist|
|Height||2.04 m (6 ft 8 in)|
|2Baba Net Worth||$22 Million|
Awards and Achievements
2Baba has been awarded numerous times in his illustrious career. He has won 5 Headies Awards, 4 Channel O Music Video Awards, a BET Award, 4 MTV Africa Music Awards, a MOBO Award, a World Music Award, 3 Afrima Awards, and an MTV Europe Music Award. He is one of the most influential Nigerian pop singers of all time.
In 2019, 2Baba was made an honorary fellow of the school of music Obafemi Awolowo University. He was also given another Master of Arts degree in Music by the Institue of Igbinedion University, Okada.
2Baba Net Worth
2Baba has a net worth of $22 million. He has earned his wealth through music. He has been working hard for over 25 years and still shows no signs of slowing down. 2Baba biography is an inspiration to young artists from all over the world.
Facts about 2Baba
- 2Baba is also known as 2Face Idibia.
- He is a very tall man having a height of 2.04 m. He has evaded death many times including gunshots during a robbery.
- In 2012, 2Baba married actress, model, and producer Annie Macaulay – Idibia. They have 7 beautiful children together whose names are Nino, Justin, Innocent, Isabella, Rose, Zii, and Olivia.
- 2Baba has a social media presence. His Instagram account has over 6 million followers and his Twitter account has more than 3 million followers. His Offical Youtube channel has more than 250,000 subscribers.
- He is the Good cause Ambassador for the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 2019.
- In 2009, he was made an ambassador by NAFDAC. In 2017, 2Baba worked with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. He released songs about them and also donated $11,000 to help the refugees.
- 2Baba is also a philanthropist. He donated a lot of money to several charities. 2Baba actively supports Enough is Enough, National Democratic Institute, The Nigerian RedCross Society and Youngstars Foundation.
- In 2017, he was involved in a controversy regarding Muhammad Buhari’s administration. He planned to protest nationwide against his policies which he considered obnoxious. The state said that they will ban the protests. Later, 2Baba released a statement that he is canceling the protests due to lack of security.
- 2Baba is also the proud owner of Buckwyld and Breathless concert. He also founded the NGO named The 2Baba Foundation. Its purpose is to serve humankind.