Ray Mears is a popular name in British Television. He gracefully presents his own shows, which have got so much fame just because of his brilliant presentation. His talent is bounded to the television; he is an author, woodsman, and instructor too. Married twice, his current wife is Ruth Mears, find his family to bio details. Read further to learn about Ray Mears net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Ray Mears Wiki
|Full Name||Raymond Paul Mears|
|Date of Birth||7 February 1964|
|Place of Birth||Coulsdon and Purley Urban District|
|Occupation||TV personality, woodsman, author, businessman|
|Spouse/Partner||Rachel Mears, Ruth Mears (Current Wife)|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft)|
|Ray Mears Net Worth||$1 Million|
His father Leslie John Mears and mother Dorothy were from Surrey of England, where he was born on 7th February 1964. The Downside Preparatory School of Purley, where he has started his schooling and the next school was Reigate Grammar School. At his school, this brave person has showcased his brave spirit and with his dream to join the Royal Marine of England, he has joined the Combined Cadet Force at his school as a skilled cadet of the naval department.
“Ray Mears’ Bushcraft” and “Ray Mears’ World of Survival” are the most popular shows of his life. Ray has a line of popular shows, which he presents successfully on television including ‘Extreme Survival’, ‘Survival with Ray Mears’, ‘Ray Mears Goes Walkabout’, and ‘Wild Britain with Ray Mears’.
These shows are completely responsible for enhancing his popularity. He is a popular entrepreneur of England, ‘Ray Mears’ name is a Trademark actually. He runs his own Woodlore Ltd, a triumphant School of Wilderness Bushcraft, which he launched in 1983. Many people are curious about Ray Mears net worth because of his inspiring career. Ray’s life and success are an inspiration to young people all over the world.
Television is the place, where he worked first; he was a serviceman and has worked in the London Office and it was surely not the goal of his life; so he took a break from his job and launched his own company. It was just a beginning of a successful run. In the year of 1994, he appeared on British television first with the BBC show Tracks.
Ray won the Mungo Park Title, as a complement to his enormously successful career. He presented and appeared in total 24 numbers of television shows, most of the shows are immensely successful and enough to give him the place of an iconic show host. In 2010, Ray helped Northumbria Police track the fugitive killer Raoul Moat.
Mears is a successful writer too. He wrote 12 books. ‘The Survival Handbook’, ‘Ray Mears’ Bushcraft Survival’, ‘My Outdoor Life’ are truly popular among them. His high-end career has brought him immense wealth. He is currently married to Ruth Mears but his first wife was Rachel Mears. Rachel died in 2006.
Ray has also presented many TV shows such as Ray Mears’ Wild Food, Ray Mears’ Northern Wilderness, Wild Australia with Ray Mears, Wild France with Ray Mears, Ray Mears’ Real Heroes of Telemark, The Essential Guide to Rocks, Survival with Ray Mears and Australian Wilderness with Ray Mears.
Ray Mears Net Worth
According to several credible sources, Ray Mears has an estimated net worth of $1 million. He has accumulated his wealth via TV shows, books, endorsements, and his businesses. He sells many outdoor items from his social media accounts.
Facts about Ray Mears
- Ray’s full name is Raymond Paul Mears. His zodiac is Aquarius. He belongs to the white ethnicity.
- He is one of the most prominent and leading TV presenters in the United Kingdom.
- His first wife Rachel Mears died of breast cancer in 2006.
- Ray Mears has a large social media following. His Instagram handle has over 28k followers and his Twitter profile has more than 30k followers.
- Mears is also a prolific writer. Some of his books are Ray Mears’ Bushcraft Survival, Vanishing World – A Life of Bushcraft, Bushcraft, The Survival Handbook, My Outdoor Life andWe Are Nature: How to reconnect with the wild.
- Ray is a very brave person. One time in the jungle, he survived on nuts and wild berries for several days. He can also start a fire with just kangaroo dung.
- In 2005, Mears was involved in a helicopter crash while filming his TV series. The pilot was injured but Ray was not harmed at all.
- He has given many TV interviews. Ray has appeared on The Graham Norton Show.
- When Ray was young, he wanted to join the Royal Marines but due to his eyesight, he failed to join them.
- He is the owner of his company named Woodlore which sells Bushcraft items and survival courses. He is good friends with Bear Grylls.