Hugh Jackman is a famed Australian actor, producer, and singer. He is well-known for his role as Wolverine in the popular X-Men Movie Series. Read further to get to know Hugh Jackman Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
Hugh Jackman Wiki
|Full Name||Hugh Michael Jackman|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1968|
|Place of Birth||Sydney, Australia|
|Occupation||Actor, singer, producer, activist|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Hugh Jackman Net Worth||$180 Million|
Hugh Jackman was conceived on October 12, 1968, in Sydney. His father Christopher John Jackman was an accountant and his mother Grace McNeil was a homemaker. When Hugh was eight years old, his parents separated. He remained with his dad in Australia. he liked to go outdoors and went to beaches a lot.
Hugh Jackman enrolled in Pymble Public School and then attended Knox Grammar School. He graduated with a BA degree from the University of Technology, Sydney. He developed an interest in acting and decided to pursue it as his career. He studied acting at Actor’s Centre in Australia.
Hugh started his incredible career by appearing in the 1994 TV series The Law of the Land. In 1995, he made an appearance in Correlli and Blue Heelers. He made his film debut in the 1999 movieErskineville Kings. Hugh got a major breakthrough when he was cast as Wolverine in 200 movie X-Men. It was a box office success earning nearly $300 million.
In 2001, he appeared in the movie Swordfish. In 2003, he reprised his role as Logan in the movie X2. It grossed more than $400 million worldwide. Jackman appeared in the 2004 movie Van Helsing which grossed $300 million. 2006 was a very busy year for Hugh as he appeared in numerous movies such as The Fountain, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Prestige and Scoop. In 2009, Hugh once again portrayed Wolverine in the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
In 2012, Hugh played Jean Valjean in the drama film Les Miserables. His performance was acclaimed for this movie and he received several awards. In 2013, his movie Prisoners was released which was critically successful. In 2014, he again played Logan/Wolverine in the movie X-Men: Days of Future Past. In 2017, he portrayed Wolverine for the last time n the movie Logan. Upon its release, the movie was a big success earning over $600 million worldwide.
His filmography includes Kate & Leopold, Swordfish, Profile of a Serial Killer, Van Helsing, Happy Feet, Les Misérables, X-Men: First Class, Deception, Scoop, The Burning Season, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, Chappie, Butter, Movie 43, The Wolverine, Prisoners, The Prestige, Eddie the Eagle, Pan, The Front Runner, Deadpool 2, Bad Education and Reminiscence.
Hugh Jackman is also a philanthropist. He has raised money for several good causes and charities. He donated $50k each to Operation of Hope and Charity: Water. Hugh is an advisor to Global Poverty Project. He also supports the MPTV Fund Foundation and The Art of Elysium. He has raised awareness about AIDS/HIV.
Hugh founded his brand Laughing Man Coffee in 2011. All the profit from the company is donated to several charities around the world. In 2005, Jackman started his own production company named Seed Productions. He has also released several albums such as The Boy from Oz, Beauty and the Beast and Oklahoma!.
Hugh has lent his voice to numerous video games, for example, Van Helsing, X2: Wolverine’s Revenge, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: The Official Game.
Awards and Achievements
Hugh Jackman has received several accolades in his glorious career. In 2004, he won the Best Actor in a Musical Tony Award. In 2001, he got the ”Best Actor in a Film” Saturn Award. In 2010, he grabbed the ”Favorite Action Star” People’s Choice Award. In 2017, he picked up an MTV Movie Award. He has also won 2 Empire Awards. In 2013, Hugh Jackman was awarded the Golden Globe for Best Actor for his performance in Les Miserables.
View this post on Instagram
In 2012, Hugh received a Hollywood Walk of Fame Star. He also holds the record of the longest career as a live-action Marvel superhero. In 2019, Hugh was honored with a medal as a Companion of the Order of Australia. His other nominations include the Academy Award for Best Actor, BAFTA Award for Leading Actor, SAG Award for Best Actor, AACTA Awards for Best Leading Actor, Kid’s Choice Awards, and Helpmann Awards.
How much is Hugh Jackman Net Worth?
According to various credible sources, Hugh Jackman Net Worth is evaluated to be $180 Million. He generates his wealth through his movie appearances, endorsements, and productions.
Facts about Hugh Jackman
- Hugh’s full name is Hugh Michael Jackman. His Zodiac is Libra.
- He was named the Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine in 2008.
- Hugh has been hitched to Deborra-Lee Furness since 1996. They have two beautiful children together.
- There were some rumors circulating on the internet that Hugh is a closeted homosexual.
- He is a very tall man having an imposing height of 6 ft 2 inches. That is kind of ironic as Wolverine is drawn as very short in the Marvel Comic books.
- Hugh has 4 siblings. He belongs to Scottish, Greek, and English ethnicity.
- His eyes are Hazel and he has dark brown hair. Hugh wears a shoe of size 12.
- Jackman is also a musician and a singer. He can play violin, piano, and guitar.
- He has received several endorsements from major brands like Body by Montblanc, Milk, Micromax, Asahi Super Dry, Lipton Tea, and R.M. Williams. This contributes majorly to his overall wealth.
- Hugh is a big supporter of the Port Adelaide Football Club.
- Hugh is a Christian. He follows his religion closely. He has also appeared in WWE show RAW as a guest.
- He is very good friends with Nicole Kidman, Ryan Reynolds, Rupert Murdock, David Lynch and Keith Urban.
- Hugh is a very generous person. He recently donated more than $1 million to the employees of R. M. Williams company after signing with them.
- He loves animals very much. Hugh has two pets named Allegra and Dali.
- In his spare time, he likes to play basketball and go kayaking.
- Hugh Jackman has a huge social media following. His Instagram account has more than 28 million followers and his Twitter account has more than 14 million followers. His Official Facebook page has over 22 million likes.
- He is one of the highest-grossing actors of all time. At the peak of his career, Hugh used to charge $20 million per movie + percentage of gross earnings.