Niniola is a famed Nigerian singer and songwriter hailing from Lagos. She is best known for her single ”Maradona”. It was also used in Beyonce’s soundtrack album The Lion King: The Gift. Read further to get to know Niniola net worth & Biography.
View this post on Instagram
Niniola was conceived on December 15, 1986 in Lagos, Nigeria. Her father Simeon Olaosebikan Apata was killed when she was just 9 years old. She has nine siblings. One of her sisters Teni is also an accomplished singer. Niniola went to Apata Memorial High School for her primary studies. She attended the University of Lagos to obtain a bachelor of education certificate. She was always passionate about music.
Niniola started her impressive career by participating in the reality TV series Project Fame West Africa. She finished at 4th position in the show. In 2014, she released her first song Ibadi which was a hit. She received considerable attention for this song. In 2015, she ha a great year and she launched two songs ”Ibadi” and ”Gbowode”.
In 2017, Niniola got a major breakthrough when she released her song ”Maradona”. It was a huge success worldwide and the song fetched her admiration and several awards. Even famous singer Drake praised her song. She went on to release her debut album ”This is Me”. It was a commercial success. In 2020, she released another album titled Colours and Sounds. She is referred to as the ”Queen of Afro-House”.
Her famous songs include Squander, Maradona Riddim, Addicted, Look Like Me, Magun, Sicker, Designer, So Serious, Soke, Saro, Shaba, Start all over, Oh Sharp, Fantasy, Ibadi, Opelenge, Fire, Pareke, My Body, Jigi Jigi and Oyin. Her genres are Afro-house, folk, and house. She is signed to DRUMROLL Records.
Niniola has collaborated with several artists in her illustrious career such as Heavy K, Mr P, Seyi Shay, Timbaland, DJ Snake, Johnny Drille, Femi Kuti, Busiswa, Mr Real, Legendury Beatz, Reminisce, DJ Spinall, Afro B, Sauti Sol, Sarz, Eddy Kenzo, DJ Snake and Beyonce.
|Full Name||Niniola Apata|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1986|
|Place of Birth||Lagos State Nigeria|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, performer|
|Niniola Net Worth||$1.7 Million|
Niniola Net Worth
Niniola has a predictable net worth of $1.7 Million. She has generated wealth through her singing and songwriting career.
Awards and Nominations
Niniola’s awards and nominations list is huge. She has received Glazia Awards, Music Entertainment Awards, Maya Awards, Nigerian Teens Choice Awards, Surelere Entertainment Awards, Green Awards, Ghana-Naija Showbiz Awards, and Afrima Awards. Niniola Biography must inspire upcoming female artists all over the world.
Her nominations include All Africa Music Awards, ACI Awards, City People Entertainment Awards, Lagos Fashion Awards, Nigerian Achievers Award, Scream Awards, ELOY Awards, Soundcity MVP Awards Festival, Top Naija Music Award, AFRIMMA, BET Awards, African Music Magazine Awards, All African Music Awards and IARA Awards. She was also honored to be nominated at the 2020 Grammy Awards for Beyonce’s song ”Find Your Way Back”.
Facts about Niniola
- Niniola’s full name is Niniola Apata. She is currently one of the leading female Nigerian singers.
- She also supports several causes for example the scholarship program Adopt-a-child’s-education.
- Her father was assassinated when she was very young. Niniola finds her inspiration from her dad.
- She is a Christian. Niniola holds the distinction of being the first female Nigerian singer to have over 1 million monthly Spotify listeners.
- Her younger sister Teni is also a noted Nigerian singer and songwriter.
- Niniola has cited Whitney Houston, Dolly Parton, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Kenny Rogers, The Cranberries, Madona, Brandy, and Celine Dion as her musical inspirations.
- She is currently in a relationship with a guy whose identity is not known.
- Niniola has a huge social media following. Her Instagram account has more than 1 million followers while her Twitter profile has over 250,000 followers. More than 3,000 people follow her on SoundCloud.
- Her song ”Maradona” has over 7.5 million views on YouTube. It spent 6 weeks at the number 1 position on South Africa’s Metro FM chart.
- Canadian singer Drake and record producer Timbaland has expressed admiration for Niniola’s songs.