Gemma Ward is an esteemed Australian supermodel and actress. She has also appeared in several movies and music videos. Read further to learn about Gemma Ward Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
Gemma Ward Wiki
|Full Name||Gemma Louise Ward|
|Date of Birth||3 November 1987|
|Place of Birth||Perth, Western Australia, Australia|
|Spouse/Partner||David Letts (Current BF)|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Gemma Ward Net Worth||$6 Million|
Gemma Ward was conceived on November 3, 1987 in Perth, Western Australia. Her father Gary was a medical doctor while her mother Claire was a nurse. She has three siblings. Gemma attended Presbyterian Ladies’ College and Shenton College to complete her education. She used to act in her school and played the role of the witch in Hansel and Gretel.
Gemma had no intention of becoming a model much less a supermodel. She had a passion for acting instead. In 2002, she and her friend went to a modeling contest named Search for a Supermodel where she was spotted for her unique and fragile looks. She entered the competition and ultimately lost it but she caught the eye of Vivien’s Model agent who made a reel with her.
Gemma started her incredible career in 2003 by appearing in Australian Fashion Week. In a span of months, she gained fame and recognition. Her success paved the way for other baby-doll like models for example Lily Cole Heather Marks and Lisa Cant. At the tender age of 17, Gemma was chosen as the face of Calvin Klein’s Obsession Night perfume billboards. She earned $1.3 million from this job.
She has graced the covers of numerous magazines like Pop, Vogue Thailand, Harper’s Bazaar, Russh, Vogue Paris, Maxim, Vogue India, Elle, Vogue Italia, Vogue China, Elle Australia, Numero Tokyo, Teen Vogue, and Allure. Gemma took a break from modeling in 2008 and returned in 2013. She appeared in the movie Pink Pyjamas. In 2008, she was cast in the drama movie The Black Balloon for which she received positive reviews. Then, she appeared in the horror movie The Stangers.
In 2011, Gemma was cast as Tamara–First Mermaid in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. It was a box office success grossing more than $1 billion worldwide. She also appeared in movies The Great Gatsby, The Caged Pillows and Double Dutchess: Seeing Double.
Gemma Ward has appeared in advertisements for several major brands including Prada, Hermes, Daniel Swarovski, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, Louis Vuitton, Jil Sander, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Givenchy, Esprique Precious, Burberry, Christian Dior, Balenciaga, South Pacific, Splash, Bettina Liano, Balenciaga, Cover, Live Clothing, Lisa Ho, Versus and Tialence.
View this post on Instagram
She is signed to various modeling agencies such as IMG Models in New York, IMG Models in Paris, MY Model Management in Korea, Why Not Model Agency in Milan, IMG Models in Paris, Vivien’s Model Management in Sydney, IMG Models in London and IMG Models in Australia.
Awards and Nominations
For her performance in the 2009 movie The Black Balloon, Gemma Ward has been nominated for FCCA Award for Best Actress and IF Award for Best Actress. In 2000, Vogue Paris announced her as one of the Top 30 models.
How much is Gemma Ward Net Worth?
According to various sources, Gemma Ward Net Worth is evaluated at $6 Million. She has accumulated her wealth through her modeling and acting career.
Facts about Gemma Ward
- Gemma’s full name is Gemma Louise Ward. Her Zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- Her eyes are of Greenish-blue color and her hair is blonde. She always dreamed of becoming an actress.
- Gemma’s body measurements are determined to be 32-24-35. She wears a shoe of size 8 and her dress size is 4.
- She was one of the top models of the decade 2000. She belongs to the Presbyterian religion.
- Coke’s Life announced Gemma as their brand ambassador.
- It may interest you to know that her favorite movie is Almost Famous (2000).
- Gemma is very good friends with models Jessica Gomes and Nicole Trunfio.
- Her first name means ”Gem” in the Italian language.
- At the peak of her modeling career, Gemma used to earn $20,000 per show.
- She was dating Heath Ledger when he died of an accidental overdose.
- Gemma enrolled in Stella Adler Studio of Acting to learn the craft of acting.
- She admires Beyonce, Marlon Brando, Michael Jackson, and Bob Marey.
- Her elder sister Sophie Ward was also a model but she quit it because she found it boring.
- Gemma Ward was discovered as a model when she went to the event Search for a Supermodel with her friend.
- She is quite active on social media. Her Instagram account has more than 150,000 followers.