Timaya is a renowned Nigerian singer and songwriter hailing from Port Harcourt. He has released several successful albums in his impressive career and has won numerous accolades. Read on to learn Timaya net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Timaya was conceived on August 15, 1980, in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. He belongs to a very big family. His mother used to trade and his father was employed in a bank. He went to Assemblies of God Nursery And Primary School and Nkpolu Oroworukwo for his primary and secondary studies.
Timaya was always interested in music even when he was just a boy. He used to bunk classes to attend music concerts. He went to study Banking and Finance but didn’t perform well in the examinations. He dropped out and decided to pursue music full-time. Timaya joined famous Nigerian pop singer’s Eedris Abdulkareem’s group and sang in it for three years. Then, he left the band and started his solo career.
Timaya started his noteworthy career by releasing his super-hit song Dem Mama. It brought him fame and money. In 2007, he launched his album True Story which was a massive success. In 2008, he released his second album Gift And Grace. 2010 saw the release of his third album De Rebirth. He collected several awards for this album.
In 2011, he released his fourth album LLNP Long Life N Prosperity. In 2012, his fifth album Upgrade was launched which boosted his profile across Africa. 2014 saw the release of another album Epiphany. In 2019, Timaya released his EP Chulo Vibes which enjoyed success.
In 2011, Inter religious and International Federation for World Peace announced Timaya as their ambassador. In 2017, Timaya embarked on US Tour. In 2018, he went on a tour Live in Canada. He is the owner of the record label ”Dem Records”. He signed numerous upcoming artists to his label which went on to become successful musicians and entertainers.
Some of his famous songs include Sanko, Born to Win, Kom Kom, Dance, Telli Person, Balance, I can’t kill myself, I concur, Bum Bum, Samankwe, Pull up, Dem mama, Malonogede, Woyo, cutlass, To U, God you are 2 much, I Don blow, pity 4 us and God I Beg. His genres are Hip hop, Dancehall, Soca, Afrobeats and Ragga. He is signed to DM Records.
Timaya has worked with several artists for instance, 2baba, Deethi, Terry G, Runtown, Kefee, Remix, J-Martins, P-Square, Flavour, Akeem D Beat, Phyno, Alikiba, Kcee, Spankie, Jeggs, Burna Boy, Sir Shina Peters, Olamide, Patoranking, Jay Sleek, Flux, Wrecoba, Konga, Allenian, M.I, M-Yire, King Perry, in his illustrious career.
|Full Name||Inetimi Timaya Odon|
|Date of Birth||15 August 1980|
|Place of Birth||Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, producer, musician, entertainer, activist|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Timaya Net Worth||$8.5 Million|
Awards & Achievements
Timaya has won several awards in his incredible career. In 2008, he received the Nigeria Music Awards in the category of Album of the Year. In 2011, he won the Best Afro-Dancehall song Award at Afrotainment-Museke Online African Music Awards. Furthermore, he has won 2008 The Headies Best Reggae/Dancehall Album, The Headies Best Collaboration in 2009, The Headies Best Collaboration in 2010, and 2009 The Headies Best Reggae/Dancehall Album.
Moreover, Timaya has gathered the Afrimma 2017 Dancehall Act of the Year. He also received the Morgan Heritage’s Reggae Night in 2018. He also got nominations for Afrimma Best African Reggae/Dancehall Act and AFRIMMA Best Dancehall Artist. Many people and artists will find inspiration from Timaya Biography.
Timaya Net Worth
Timaya has a net worth of $8.5 Million. He is one of the richest musicians and singers in Africa. Timaya has earned this wealth through hard work and determination in his 15-years-old career.
Facts about Timaya
- Timaya’s full name is Inetimi Timaya Odon. His zodiac is Leo. He is a Christian.
- He is also known as Dem Mama Soldier.
- Timaya was brought up in a rather large family. He has 14 siblings.
- He is engaged to a woman whose identity is not revealed. They have three children together.
- Timaya founded his own record label named Dem Records.
- He has received several endorsements from brands and companies.
- He is active on social media sites. His Instagram account has over 2 million followers and his YouTube channel has over 500,000 subscribers. His Twitter profile has over 1.5 million followers.
- Timaya resides in a large house which is worth 250 million Naira.
- He is very fond of collecting exotic cars. He has 2017 Range Rover Sport, Bentley Continental GT, Porche 911, 2016 Range Rover Sport, Lexus SUV GX269, Mercedes-Benz G55, and in his collection.
- Timaya is one of the most successful Nigerian artists of all time selling over 30 million albums worldwide.