Tems is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and record producer hailing from Lagos. She is best known for her single ”Try Me” and ”Know Your Worth”. Read further to learn about Tems Biography and net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Temilade Openiyi aka Tems was conceived on 11 June 1995 in Lagos, Nigeria. Her father is from the UK and her mother is Nigerian. Tems was just 5 years old when her parents divorced. Her mom raised her. Tems attended Dowen College and graduated with a degree in economics from a South African university. Her teacher encouraged her to pursue music. Tems used to practice with her brother.
Tems started her music career in 2018. She recorded and released her single ”Mr. Rebel”. It gained traction and brought her attention. In 2019, she released another song named ”Try Me” which became successful. It went viral on video sharing YouTube. She was also awarded for this song. Famous American Khalid invited her and David to remix his song ”Know You Worth”. This was the moment when the world finally noticed and appreciated her.
In 2020, she released her debut EP For Broken Ears which was a hit. One of its songs Damages reached #6 position on Nigeria’s TurnTable Top 50. She is currently signed to HUMAN MUSIC label and Reset Industries. She is also known for her album ”Illumination” which was released in 2018.
Her famous songs include Soon, Interface, Mr. Rebel, Damages, Essence, Free Mind, Try Me, The Key, Higher, Decided, Ghost Detain, Tales by Moonlight, Come Inn, Fall Inn and Twisted Tilde. She is part of ”the alte”, a new music wave in Nigeria. Her musical inspirations are Aaliyah, Alicia Keys, Adele, Beyonce, Asa, Lauryn Hill, Lil Wayne and Burna Boy.
|Full Name||Temilade Openiyi|
|Date of Birth||11 June, 1995|
|Place of Birth||Lagos, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, record producer|
|Tems Net Worth||$100k|
Awards and Achievements
Tems has been nominated for Best Alternative Song and Best Vocal Performance (Female) in The Headies Award. She is currently one of the fastest rising singers in Nigeria. Tems Biography and career has been an inspiration for upcoming female artists in Nigeria.
Tems Net Worth
According to several sources, Tems has an estimated net worth of $100,000. Her career is only 2 years old so her net worth will surely increase with the passage of time.
Facts about Tems
- Tems real name is Temilade Openiyi. She belongs to Yoruba tribe.
- In December 2020, she was arrested alongside Muyiwa Awoniyi and Omah Lay for violating Covid-19 protocols in Uganda. Reportedly, they were performing in a crowded concert. The trio was released and Tems blamed Ugandan artist Bebe Cool for their arrest.
- She joined a choir while she was in high school. There she discovered that she likes music.
- Tems is active on social media sites. Her Instagram account has more than 300,000 followers and her YouTube channel more than 75,000 subscribers.
- In 2020, Tems was chosen as one of the top ten artists to watch by DJ Edu.
- Her song ”Try Me” went viral and has been viewed more than 4 million times on YouTube.
- Tems is very outspoken, straight-forward and deliberate about her emotions. She didn’t have a lot of friends growing up.
- Tems is currently single and is focusing on her music career. There are no reports about her boyfriend. She has a brother who plays Guitar.
- She started producing music at the young age of 20.