Stephen Dillane is a notable British actor. He is very famous for his appearance as Stannis Baratheon in the TV series Game of Thrones and Thomas Jefferson in the mini-series John Adams. Read on to find out Stephen Dillane Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
Stephen Dillane Wiki
|Full Name||Stephen John Dillane|
|Date of Birth||27 March 1957|
|Place of Birth||London, England, UK|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Stephen Dillane Net Worth||$6 Million|
Stephen Dillane was conceived on March 27, 1957, in London, England. His father Dr. John Dillane was a surgeon and his mother Bridget Dillane was a homemaker. He went to the University of Exeter to study politics and history. Stephen worked as a journalist for the newspaper Croydon Advertiser but he was unsatisfied with his job. He gave up his employment to pursue a career in acting.
Stephen started his noteworthy career by appearing in several stage plays such as Uncle Vanya, Endgame, Macbeth, The Tempest, Angels in America, Faith Healer, The Master Builder, Four Quartets, Hamlet, The Coast of Utopia, and The Real Thing. Dillane appeared in the 1985 TV series Remington Steele. In 1988, he appeared in The One Game. He made his film debut in the 1988 movie Business as Usual.
In 1990, Stephen played Horatio in the drama film Hamlet. He appeared in several movies, for example, Welcome to Sarajevo, Firelight, Two If by Sea, Ordinary Decent Criminal, Spy Game, The Truth About Charlie, The Hours, King Arthur, The Greatest Game Ever Played, Goal!, Goal! 2: Living the Dream…, Savage Grace. Perfect Sense, Storm, Klimt, Zero Dark Thirty, and Nine Lives. In 2014, he portrayed Lord Halifax in the historical drama movie Darkest Hour which was a critical success.
In 2008, Stephen was cast as Thomas Jefferson in the multiple award-winning miniseries John Adams. His performance was positively received and he got a nomination for an Emmy Award. In 2011, he was chosen to portray Stannis Baratheon in the highly acclaimed and popular TV series Game of Thrones. His character proved to be very popular among the audiences. His performance was also seen as one of the highlights of the show.
Stephen Dillane received a BAFTA Award for his role in the TV movie The Shooting of Thomas Hurndall. In 2013, he played Karl Roebuck in the crime series The Tunnel. He was cast as Graham Sutherland in Netflix series The Crown. In 2020, he appeared in the spy thriller TV series Alex Rider.
Awards and Achievements
Stephen Dillane has picked up numerous awards in his glorious career. In 1995, he won the Richard Burton Shakespeare Globe Award. In 1998, he was the recipient of the AACTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role in a TV Drama. In 1999, Stephen was awarded the Evening Standard Award for Best Actor. 2000 saw him grabbing the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor, Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Play, and Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play.
In 2003, Dillane was nominated for a SAG Award. He received a nomination for Helpmann Awards for Best Actor in a Play in 2006. In 2009, he was awarded the British Academy Television Award for Best Actor. In 2014, he won the International Emmy Award for Best Actor. He received the Critics’ Circle Theatre Award for Best Actor in 2016.
How much is Stephen Dillane Net Worth?
According to various credible sources, Stephen Dillane Net Worth is evaluated to be $6 Million. He has generated his wealth through his acting career.
Facts about Stephen Dillane
- Stephen Dillane is one of the most influential British film, TV, and stage actor. His zodiac is Sagittarius.
- He belongs to Australian and British ethnicity. His eye color is grey and his hair color is dark brown. He wears a shoe of size 11 (US).
- He has worked as a journalist in his past.
- Stephen started his acting career in his mid-twenties.
- He is hitched to actress Naomi Wirthner with whom he has 2 children. His son Frank Dillane is also an actor notable for portraying Young Voldemort in Harry Potter movies.
- Although Stephen has appeared in many movies and TV series, he is mostly known for his role as Stannis Baratheon in Game of Thrones. The series also starred Alfie Allen, Sean Bean, Michelle Fairley, Lena Headley, Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Mark Addy, and Kit Harrington.
- Stephen Dillane is not active on any social media sites.