Sonu Nigam is a prominent Indian playback singer and actor. Born in 1973, he charges Rs 10 lakh per stage show. Sonu Nigam is one of the most popular and highly paid singers in India. He has sung for a number of big hit Hindi films and won numerous awards. He gets approximately Rs 8-15 Lakhs for every song he sings on a stage show. He has sung songs in almost every genre and many different languages. Keep reading to find out Sonu Nigam net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Sonu Nigam Wiki
|Full Name||Sonu Nigam|
|Date of Birth||30 July 1973|
|Place of Birth||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|Occupation||Singer, actor, reality show Judge, music director|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Sonu Nigam Net Worth||$50 Million|
Sonu Nigam was conceived on 30 July 1973 in Haryana, India. He was born in a musical family. His sister Teesha Nigam is also a fabulous singer. Sonu used to sing with his father on stage as his dad was also a professional singer. Sonu trained under classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
Sonu’s singing journey began at a young age when he accompanied his father Agam Kumar Nigam, who is also a professional singer, on stage and sang old Hindi numbers. His father was his first teacher and took him along when he was going to different events where he could perform on stage. He was classically trained by Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan to whom he owes much of his singing knowledge.
Through the ’90s and much of the 2000s, Sonu Nigam was the main playback singer for superstars Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan. He has also released solo albums like Deewana which was directed by the music duo Sajid Wajid. He won the 2003 National Film Award and Filmfare Award for the title song of the film Kal Ho Na Ho.
Sonu Nigam was also the host of the popular singing competition TV show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa which made him a household name in the mid-’90s. Songs like Sandeshe Aate Hain and Yeh Dil Deewana are his trademark hit songs. He himself seeks inspiration from the yesteryear golden voice singer Mohammad Rafi for whom he released a special album of his hit songs.
Some of his most famous songs include Apne, Bole Chudiyan, Dil Dooba, Aisa Deewana, Sandese Aate Hai, Tumse Milke Dil Ka, Mere Haath Mein, Masoom Chehra, Suraj Hua Maddham, Ram Jaane, Main Agar Kahoon, Do Pal, Tenu Leke, and Sab Kuchh Bhula Diya. Sonu has also acted in numerous movies such as Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani, Kash Aap Hamare Hote, Love in Nepal, Warning, and Betaab.
Nigam has also collaborated with the American pop star Britney Spears for the remix of the song “I Wanna Go”. Internationally, he has done many sold-out tours with some of the top singers and performers of India like Asha Bhonsle, Sunidhi Chauhan, and Kailash Kher. Many young singers take inspiration from Sonu Nigam.
Awards and Nominations
Sonu Nigam’s award list is huge. He has won 2 Filmfare Awards, 1 National Film Award, and 4 IFAA Awards for his singing. Other awards include Zee Cinema Award, Filmfare South Awards, Star Screen Award, Apsara Film Producers’ Guild Award, and Global Indian Music Award. In 2017, he was awarded the Haryana Gaurav Samman by Indian Govenment. In 2020, Sonu was honored with the Bharat Ratna Dr. Ambedkar Award.
How much is Sonu Nigam Net Worth?
According to various sources, Sonu Nigam Net Worth is evaluated to be $50 Million. He has generated his wealth via his career, movies, TV shows, reality shows, live concerts, albums, and endorsements.
Facts about Sonu Nigam
- Sonu Nigam is one of the most respected singers in India. His zodiac is Leo.
- He is hitched to Madhurima Nigam and has one son.
- Sonu is also an occasional actor having appeared in several movies.
- He has judged several singing reality shows, for example, Indian Idol, Sa Re ga Ma Pa, Chhote Ustad, and STAR Voice of India.
- In 2017, he generated significant controversy when he tweeted that Azaan (Islamic Call to Prayer) should not be broadcasted on loudspeakers beyond a certain time. He stated that he was disturbed in the night with the Azaan.
- Sonu later deleted his Twitter account stating that there is no respect for freedom of speech.
- In 2020 after actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicide, Sonu claimed that there is also a monopoly of two big companies in Indian music. He told that he received threats on this statement.
- Sonu Nigam has a large social media fan following. His Instagram handle has over 1.1 million followers and his Facebook page has more than 18 million likes.
- In 2020, he launched his own record label named I Believe Music.