Somkele Iyamah is a Nigerian actress and model. She is famous for appearing in The Expanse, Gidi Up,93 Days, The Arbitration and The Wedding Party. Read further to know Somkele Iyamah net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Somkele Iyamah Biography
Somkele Iyamah was conceived on March 23, 1988 in Delta State, Nigeria. Her mother Oyi Iyamah brought her up when her father Andrew Iyamah died. Somkele went to Chrisland school and Grange school for her primary studies. Late, she attended Columbia International College in Canada. She received her degree in Biochemistry from Canadian McMaster University.
Somkele started her praiseworthy career in 2013 by appearing in the TV series Gidi Up. She played the role of Yvonne for which she received positive reviews. She reprised her role in Gidi Up 2. In 2015, Somkele was cast in the TV series Best Friends as Uche. The same year, she made her film debut in The Department.
In 2016, Somkele gained fame and recognition when she appeared in The Arbitration. The same year, she was also cast in the movie 93 Days which co-starred Danny Glover and Gideon Okeke. Her acting was praised by critics ad she went on to win various awards for her role.
Her next movie ”The Wedding Party” was a smash hit grossing ₦453 million. It became the highest-grossing Nollywood movie till its sequel was released in 2018. She reprised her role of Yemisi Disu in The Wedding Party 2. In 2018, she was cast in the movie Lara and the Beat. She also appeared in the TV series Coroner and the sci-fi series The Expanse.
In 2020, Somkele made an appearance in the movie A Soldier’s Story: Return From The Dead. She has endorsed several brands and companies such as Jewel By Lisa, The Access Bank Lagos City Marathon and Multichoice Nigeria. Somkele modeled for the cover of the magazine GENEVIEVE.
Somkele Iyamah Wiki
|Full Name||Somkele Iyamah-Idhalama|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1988|
|Place of Birth||Delta, Nigeria|
|Spouse/Partner||Captain Aaron Idhalama|
|Somkele Iyamah Net Worth||$1 Million|
Awards and Nominations
This distinguished actress has won many awards and accolades in her impressive career. Most notably, she has won Toronto International Film Festival International Rising Star Award, The Exquisite Lady Of The Year (ELOY) Awards, Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards and The Future Awards Africa.
Somkele Iyamah Net Worth
Somkele has an estimated net worth of $1 million. She makes money through her acting and modeling career. Furthermore, Somkele increases her wealth through brand endorsements and promotions.
Facts about Somkele Iyamah
- Somkele adores superhero comics and movies. She especially loves female superheroes.
- Her role model is her mother. Somkele has two sisters named Oby Iyamah and Dumebi Iyamah. The former is a make-up artist and also owns Switch cosmetics Brand. Dumebi is the owner of a fashion company titled Andrea Iyamah.
- Her dad Andrew died when she was very young. Her mother ran the business and brought them up.
- She follows a strict healthy diet. Somkele is also a fashion nerd. She helps her sister run her fashion brand.
- She keeps herself fit with yoga and exercises. She is also a talented cook. She learned cooking from her beloved mother.
- Somkele is one of the best actresses Nollywood has to offer.
- She is quite active on social media platforms. Her Twitter profile has over 18 followers and her Instagram account has over 125,000 followers.
- Somkele is also an activist. She campaigns again police brutality. She is not only a great actress but also a great human being too.
- She considers herself an expert at window shopping.
- She is married to a guy named Aaron Idhalama with whom she has one son.