Ryan Reynolds is a famous Canadian-American actor, film producer, businessman, and comedian. He is best known for portraying comic superhero Deadpool in Marvel’s Deadpool movie series. He is one of the highest-paid actors in the whole world. Read further and we’ll reveal Ryan Reynolds net worth in this article.
View this post on Instagram
Ryan Reynolds Wiki
|Full Name||Ryan Rodney Reynolds|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1976|
|Place of Birth||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, businessman, producer|
|Spouse/Partner||Melissa Joan Hart|
Rachael Leigh Cook
Blake Lively (Current Wife)
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Ryan Reynolds Net Worth||$100 Million|
Ryan was born on October 23, 1976, in Vancouver, Canada. Her father James Chester Reynolds was a food wholesaler and her mother Tamara Lee worked in retail. Ryan is a descendant of former politician Chester Reynolds. He completed his graduation from Kitsilano Secondary School and briefly attended Kwantlen Polytechnic University. He is the youngest of five brothers.
Ryan Reynolds started his inspiring career by appearing in the 1991 soap opera Hillside. In 1993, he landed the role of Macro in The Odyssey. He made his film debut in the 1993 movie Ordinary Magic. He appeared in the popular TV series The X-Files in 1996. In 1998, Ryan was cast as Michael “Berg” Bergen in the sitcom Two Guys and a Girl.
In 2004, Ryan got a breakthrough when he was cast as Hannibal King in Blade: Trinity. The movie was a success earning over $130 million. He also appeared in Harold & Kumar Get the Munchies which was also a commercial success. In 2005, Ryan was cast in the horror movie The Amityville Horror. Even though the movie did not receive good reviews, it was still a box office hit grossing over $105 million against a budget of $19 million. The same year, he made an appearance in Just Friends which earned $50 million.
In 2006, Ryan’s dark comedy movie Smokin’ Aces was released which was positively released. In 2009, he was cast as Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It got mixed reviews and did average business at the box office. The same year, he starred in the rom-com movie The Proposal with Sandra Bullock which was a commercial success. It grossed over $300 million against a $40 million budget. He then appeared in the thriller Buried which brought him critical acclaim.
In 2011, Ryan Reynolds joined the DC superhero movie The Green Lantern as the titular character. It was a box office bomb upon its release earning only $219 million against a massive $200 million budget. The film was also denounced by the critics. Ryan himself was not satisfied with this movie. In 2012, he appeared in the thriller movie Safe House with Denzel Washington. In 2013, he lent his voice in two animated movies: The Croods and Turbo. Both did well at the box office.
The same year, he faced another commercial failure when his movie R.I.P.D. bombed hard at the box office and didn’t even recoup the budget. He appeared in several movies before being cast again as Deadpool in Marvel’s Deadpool film series. In 2016, Deadpool was released to critical acclaim. It grossed over $750 million against a budget of $58 million. It is considered one of the most profitable movies of all time. Ryan’s acting was much appreciated by critics and audiences alike.
In 2017, Ryan appeared in The Hitman’s Bodyguard which earned over $180 million worldwide. He reprised his role as Deadpool in 2018’s Deadpool 2. It was also a box office superhit movie earning over $785 million. Ryan also wrote and produced the movie. In 2019, he voiced Pikachu in Detective Pikachu which grossed over $400 million worldwide. The same year, his movie 6 Underground was released for which Ryan was paid a salary of $27 million.
Ryan Reynolds is set to play Deadpool again in the upcoming Deadpool 3. He will also appear in The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard, Red Notice, The Adam Project, and Free Guy. Ryan has also acted in Hobbs & Shaw, No Good Deed, Criminal, Life, Definitely, Maybe, Dick, The Nines, Chaos Theory, and The Alarmist.
Awards and Achievements
Ryan Reynolds has won several awards in his amazing career. He has won a Young Hollywood Award, Teen Choice Award, Scream Award, People’s Choice Award, Fangoria Chainsaw Award, and Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards. He has also been nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actor, Canadian Screen Award, Gaudi Award, Gotham Award, Jupiter Award, PGA Award and Young Artist Award.
View this post on Instagram
Ryan has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Moreover, he was awarded a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame. Ryan is currently the biggest Canadian actor in the world.
Ryan Reynolds Net Worth
Ryan has an estimated net worth of $150 million. His salary is $20 million per movie. Recently, he was paid $27 million for the action movie 6 Underground.
Ryan Reynolds Facts
- Ryan’s full name is Ryan Rodney Reynolds. He is of Dutch, English, Northern Irish, Scottish and Luxembourgish descent.
- According to several reports, Ryan was the second highest-paid actor in 2020. He is one of the most famous actors in the world today.
- He has worked in a grocery store in the past.
- Ryan has a fear of flying. He was included in Time’s 2017 list ”The 100 Most Influential People”.
- When his first daughter was born, one of his close friends took her pictures and tried to sell them to a tabloid magazine. When Ryan heard about it, he confronted his friend and told him that their friendship is over. The magazine refused to print the pictures due to fear of lawsuits.
- Ryan did not enjoy filming The Green Lantern. In fact, he was quite relieved when the movie bombed at the box office.
- He has a very good sense of humor. He did not pass his high school drama class.
- In 2010, Ryan was named the Sexiest Man Alive by People’s magazine.
- He has revealed that he turned down a part in the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sarah Michelle Gellar was shocked to hear this.
- Ryan has three big brothers. His two brothers are in law enforcement.
- He was married to famous actress Scarlett Johansson from 2008 to 2011.
- Ryan married actress Blake Lively in 2012. They have three lovely children together.
- He earned $71 million in 2020 thus making him the 18th highest-paid celebrity that year.
- Ryan used to play Rugby in his youth. He is an optimistic person.
- He is a co-owner of the brand Mint Mobile.
- Ryan has a massive fan following on social media sites. His Twitter profile has over 16 million followers while his Instagram account has more than 36 million followers. His YouTube channel has 2.5 million subscribers.