Rema is a famous Nigerian rapper, singer, musician, and songwriter hailing from Edo State. He is well-known for his hit song ”Iron Man” which was released in 2020. Keep reading and we’ll reveal Rema Net Worth to you.
View this post on Instagram
Rema aka Divine Ikubor was conceived on May 01, 2000 in Edo, Nigeria. He developed an interest in music when he was in high school. Rema went to schools in Edo State. He used to write songs and rap them in school and his church.
Rem started his incredible career by forming a band name RnA with his friend Alpha P. They won the second season of the reality show Pikolo’s Dream Alive. Soon after, the duo signed a contract with Peak Entertainment and launched their first song ”Mercy”. It brought them fame and much-needed attention. They performed in various concerts to promote their song.
In 2018, Rema uploaded a freestyle version of D’Prine’s song ”Gucci Gang” It blew up and D’Prince (who is the younger brother of producer Don Jazzy) himself took notice of this young rapper. He invited Rema to record a song with him. Rema instantly signed a deal with Jonzing World label. In 2019, He released his debut Extended Play titled Rema. It was a huge success and reached the #1 position at Apple Music Nigeria.
In the same year, he released two more EPS titled Rema Freestyle and Bad Commando. In 2020, Rema launched another EP titled Rema Remix. It received positive reviews and his songs proved popular.
His most famous singles are Dumebi, Iron Man, Women, Corny, Bad Commando, Beamer, Spiderman, American Love, Alien, Trap Out the Submarine, Sha Sha, Rainbow, Peace of Mind, Spaceship Jocelyn, Another Banger and Ginger Me. His genres are trap and Afrobeats. He is signed to Mavin Records and Jonzing World.
Rema has collaborated with several artists in his impressive career including Wizkid, Don Jazzy, Becky G, DJ Big N, Rvssian, D’Prince, Drake, Alpha P, Nasty C, and Fireboy DML.
|Full Name||Divine Ikubor|
|Date of Birth||1 May 2000|
|Place of Birth||Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Rapper, musician, singer, songwriter, model|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Rema Net Worth||$1 Million|
Awards and Achievements
Rema has been a recipient of several accolades in his young career. In 2019, Rema was the winner of the ”Next Rated” Award at The Headies. In 2020, he received the Soundcity MVP for the Best new artiste. In 2020, he was also nominated for Best Viewers Choice: International Act at BETS Awards.
Rema Biography will surely be an inspiration and motivation for young upcoming African artists. When US ex-president Barack Obama released his 2019 song playlist, Rema’s single ”Iron Ma” was included in his list. This brought him additional exposure and fame.
Rema Net Worth
Rema has a net worth of $1 million. He has made money through his singing and rap career. As he is quite young at the moment, he still has a lot to achieve which will ultimately increase his wealth.
Facts about Rema
- Rema’s real name is Divine Ikubor. He belongs to a Christian family.
- He is one of the fastest rising African artists at the moment.
- Rema has a huge social media following. His Instagram account has over 1.8 million followers and his Twitter profile has more than 1.7 million followers. His Official YouTube channel has more than 700,00 subscribers.
- There is no information available about Rema’s dating life. Whether he is currently dating a girl or not is unknown.
- Rema comes from a poor household. His father died when he was very young and Rema had to take care of his mother.
- His single ”Dumebi” went viral on the internet and its music video has been viewed more than 30 million times on YouTube.
- Even Barack Obama is a fan of this young rapper. His song ”Iron Man” was appreciated by the ex-president.
- This handsome and skillful rapper has taken the world of rap by storm. In his 2 years of career, he has made a big name for himself.
- In 2020, Rema was involved in a controversy when he accused the People’s Democratic Party of his father’s untimely death.
- In 2020, Rema was honored when his songs were included in the soundtrack of the FIFA 21 video game.