Martin Freeman is an esteemed British actor and voice actor. He is well-known for his performance in movies The Hobbit, Hot Fuzz, Black Panther, Captain America: Civil War, and TV series Sherlock and Fargo. Keep reading to get to know Martin Freeman Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
Martin Freeman Wiki
|Full Name||Martin John Christopher Freeman|
|Date of Birth||8 September 1971|
|Place of Birth||Aldershot, Hampshire, England|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Martin FreemanNet Worth||$20 Million|
Martin John Christopher Freeman was conceived on 8 September 1971 in Aldershot, UK. His dad Geoffrey Freeman was a naval officer and his mom Philomena was a homemaker. His parents divorced when Matin was quite young. Martin enrolled in the Salesian School and then joined the Brooklands College for media studies. He was always interested in movies and acting.
Martin freeman started his illustrious career by appearing in the TV series The Bill. He made his film debut in the 2000 movie The Low Down. In 2001, he got a big break when he was cast as Tim Canterbury in the 2001 TV series The Office. He gained recognition and fame from this show. He appeared in the 2003 sitcom Hardware for which he was awarded several accolades.
In 2005, Martin starred in the sci-fi movie The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It was a box office success. In 2007, he appeared in the comedy movie Hot Fuzz which was a superhit movie earning over $80 million. In 201, he gained worldwide fame when he was cast as Dr. Watson in the BBC drama series Sherlock. It was critically acclaimed and Martin got numerous awards for his performance.
In 2012, Martin Freeman was selected to play Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit movie Trilogy. He reprised his role in three movies: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. These films collectively grossed about $3 billion dollars worldwide and contributed greatly to Martin’s wealth. He received praise for his role as Lester Nygaard in the 2014 crime drama series Fargo.
In 2016, Martin appeared as Everett K. Ross in the 2016 Marvel movie Captain America: Civil War. It was a huge box office success grossing more than $1 billion. It brought him additional exposure and wealth. He reprised his role in 2018’s movie Black Panther. Martin also acted in the movies Cargo, Shaun of the Dead, Love Actually, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, The Operative, The World’s End, Svengali, and A Christmas Carol. On TV, he has appeared in Talking Heads, Breeders, StartUp, Robot Chicken, Micro Men, Pride, and The Robinsons.
Awards and Nominations
Martin Freeman has collected numerous awards in his incredible career. In 2002, he got a nomination at the British Comedy Awards. In 2004, he was the recipient of a British Comedy Award and Rose d’Or. In 2011, he won a BAFTA Award, Gold Derby TV Award, PAAFTJ Award, Crime Thriller Awards, and a Tumblr TV Award.
In 2013, Martin was awarded the Online Film Critics’ Award, Alternative End of Year Film Award, Empire Award, Stella Award, Shorts Award, and an MTV Movie Award. He was nominated for an Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, and Critics’ Choice Television Awards for his performance in the TV series Fargo in 2014. In 2016, Freeman picked up the British Animation Award for Best Voice Performance. In 2019, he shared the SAG Award with the cast of the superhero movie Black Panther.
How much is Martin Freeman Net Worth?
According to various sources, Martin Freeman Net Worth is determined to be $20 Million. He has generated his wealth through his brilliant acting career and brand endorsements.
Facts about Martin Freeman
- Martin’s full name is Martin John Christopher Freeman. His zodiac is Virgo. He belongs to Irish and English ethnicity.
- He is presently one of the most influential and leading British actors.
- Martin was hitched to actress Amanda Abbington from 2000 to 2016. They produced two children together. They both acted together in numerous TV shows.
- When Martin Freeman was just 10 years old, his dad passed away due to a heart attack.
- His eyes are blue and his hair color is light brown. Martin is a Christian. He does not drive. He has two pet dogs named Jodie and Aerchie.
- He is a generous person and donated a lot of money to several charities. He supports the Labour Party.
- Martin is very good friends with English actor and comedian Simon Pegg and Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Martin doesn’t use social media platforms at all. He is very interested in music. His favorite bands are The Zutons, The Bees, Super Furry Animals, and The Coral.
- Martin has 4 siblings whose names are Laura, Benedict, Tim, and Jamie. One of his brothers is a musician.
- Martin Freeman is one of the highest-grossing British actors of all time.
- He has also appeared in several commercials for major brands.