Madrina is a notable Nigerian singer, rapper and songwriter hailing from Edo State. She is mostly known for her singles ”Don’t Break My Heart” and ”Lead Me On”. Read further to learn about Madrina net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Madrina aka Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan was conceived on September 23, 1991 in Edo, Nigeria. Her father left her mom when she got pregnant. Her brave mom raised her on her own. Her mom was a gospel singer which inspired Madrina to get passionate about music too. She was just three years old she used to sing back up for her mother. Moreover, at the tender age of 7, Madrina started composing music.
Madrina started her illustrious career in 2008 by releasing her song ”Dutty Stepping”. She relocated to Lagos city to pursue better opportunities. At this time, she used to refer to herself as ”Killa Marshal”. In 2013, Madrina signed a deal with Northside Entertainment Inc. Some months later, she released her songs ”Don’t Break My Heart” and “Lead Me On” which made her famous and wealthy. Her songs proved popular and reached the top positions on music charts. She won many awards for her amazing singles.
Madrina gained immense fame when she was featured on Jhybo’s single ”Ejo le fe ro”. It was a spectacular song that went on to receive several awards. In 2016, Madrina appeared in a comedy movie A Trip to Jamaica. In 2020, Madrina revealed that she had lost the right to use her stage name ”Cynthia Mrgan” that’s why she is adopting the name of ”Madrina”. This was due to her contract deal with Jude Okoye. She fell into severe depression and took a break from singing.
Some of her famous songs are German Juice, I’m Taken, Right Move, Ojoro, Popori, Asampo, High High High, Come and Do, One Blood, Simati Niya, Billion Dollar Woman, Jamo, GoGaga, Kuchi Kuchi, Dubai, Bubble Bup, Breaking Bonds, Olowo, Konti Hobi, Bang Bang and Twerk It. Her genres are rap, pop, hip hop and dancehall. Madrina is signed to TCMC label.
In her noteworthy career, Cynthia has worked with several artists such as Eva, Chidinma, Lil Kesh, Tony Ross, Sound Sultan, IIIbliss, Mr 2kay, Jesse Jagz, Nikki Laoye, Chopstix , Tesh Carter , A-Q, Zee, Stone Bwoy, Splash, TK Tycoon and Jhybo. Madrina Biography is an inspiration for young singers, especially female artists.
|Full Name||Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1991|
|Place of Birth||Benin City, Edo, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, rapper|
|Madrina Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
Awards & Nominations
In 2014, Madrina won the South South Music Awards in the category of Best New Artist. In 2015, she received ELOY Award for Music Artist of The Year. Moreover, she also won the South South Music Awards in the same year. In 2016, Madrina was the recipient of Best Reggae Single at The Headies Awards. She has also been nominated for Ben TV Awards and Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
Madrina Net Worth
According to various sources, Madrina (Cynthia Morgan) has a net worth of $1.5 Million. Her net worth is expected to increase in the future.
Facts about Madrina
- Madrina’s real name is Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
- She is one of the richest female rappers in Nigeria. She is said to have bought a wristwatch costing 12 million Naira.
- Cynthia was given her big break by the famous duo P-Square.
- She is currently in a relationship with a man whose identity is not known. She has no children.
- Madrina has not been involved in any controversies in her career.
- She started singing when she was just 3 years old. Music is in her blood as her mother was a gospel singer.
- Cynthia Morgan aka Madrina has made millions of fans in Nigeria through her singing and rapping skills.
- Madrina used to go by the name of Cynthia Morgan but due to some legal issues, she had to choose ”Madrina” as her stage name.
- She is active on social media sites. However, she had to change her social accounts due to her name change. Her YouTube account has over 30,000 subscribers.