Julie Christie is a famous English actress and former model. She is considered a legend and an icon of the swinging sixties. She has been nominated 4 times for an Academy Award, winning once for Darling. Read further to learn about Julie Christie Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
Julie Christie Wiki
|Full Name||Julie Frances Christie|
|Date of Birth||14 April 1940|
|Place of Birth||Chabua, Assam, British India|
|Occupation||Model, Actress, activist|
|Spouse/Partner||Duncan Campbell (Husband)|
|Height||1.57 m (5 ft 2 in)|
|Julie Christie Net Worth||$10 Million|
Julie Christie was born on 14 April 1940 in Assam, British India. Her father was a plantation owner. When her parents separated, she went to her mother in Wales. Julie went to Convent of Our Lady school but was expelled after telling a dirty joke. Julie attended Wycombe Court School and learned acting at Central School of Speech and Drama.
Julie Christie made her debut in the 1961 TV series A for Andromeda. She was considered as a Bond girl in ”Dr. No” but the producer thought that she was too flat-chested. In 1963, Julie got her breakthrough when she was cast in the drama movie Billy Liar. Her performance was well received and she was nominated for a BAFTA award.
In 1965, Julie appeared in the movie Darling as Diana Scott which was a critical and commerical success. It received several Oscar nominations and Julie was bestowed with dozens of awards including an Academy Award for Best Actress. She then made an appearance in the David Lean movie Doctor Zhivago which was a huge hit at the box office. She received international fame and this movie is now considered a classic.
In 1971, Julie was cast in The Go-Between and McCabe & Mrs. Miller which were a success. In 1973, Julie joined the horror movie Don’t Look Now which received critical acclaim. In 1975, she was cast in Nashville and Shampoo which were nominated for several awards. In 1978, Julie appeared in the comedy-drama film Heaven can Wait with then-boyfriend Warren Beatty. She appeared in several movies in the 80s as well. In 1996, Julie landed the role of Gertrude in Kenneth Branagh’s Hamlet.
In 1997, she was cast in the movie Afterglow for which she was universally praised. In 2004, Julie was cast in several big budgeted movies such as Troy, Finding Neverland, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. In 2006, her movie Away from Her was released which brought her various awards and recognition. Since then, she occasionally appears in movies.
She has also appeared in movies like New York, I Love You, The Bookshop, Red Riding Hood, Karaoke, No Such Thing, Fahrenheit 451, Petulia, Demon Seed, Crooks Anonymous, and Young Cassidy.
Awards and Nominations
Julie Christie has won a lot of awards in her great career. For the 1965 movie Darling, she was awarded the Oscar for Best Actress, BAFTA Award for Best British Actress, National Board of Review Award for Best Actress, Silver Goddess for Best Foreign Actress, New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actress, and Laurel Award for Top Female Dramatic Performance.
In 2006 for her performance in ”Away from Her”, Julie won the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Actress, Dublin Film Critics’ Circle Award for Best Actress, Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress, Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Actress, Toronto Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress, National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actress, and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress. She also received an Oscar nomination for the same role.
She was named as one of the 25 British Beauties by Hello Magazine. Empire magazine labeled her as one of the 100 Greatest Movie Stars. FHM magazine included Julie in their list of 100 sexiest women of all time.
Julie Christie Net Worth
Julie has a net worth of $10 million. She earned this wealth by appearing in movies and TV shows.
Julie Christie Facts
- Julie’s full name is Julie Frances Christie. She is multilingual and can speak English, French, and Italian frequently.
- She was once engaged to actor Don Bessant but she broke up with him to date Warren Beatty.
- Her body measurements are 36-24-36 and her bra size is 36B. Julie Christie has blue eyes and lovely blonde hair.
- Her father’s name is Frank St. John Christie and her mother’s name is Rosemary Christie.
- Julie has a brother named Clive and a sister named June. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
- As she is 80 years old, Julie is not active on any social media site.
- In 1995, Julie Christie was ranked at #26 in ”100 Sexiest Stars in film history” by Empire magazine.
- She had her own production company Katira Productions with actor Warren Beatty.
- Julie is also an activist. She advocates nuclear disarmament, environmental protection, and animal rights.
- Some of her best friends are Shirley MacLaine, Faye Dunaway, and Goldie Hawn.
- She admires actors Marlon Brando, Meryl Streep, and Rainer Werner Fassbinder. She rejected several roles offered to her in classic movies like Rosemary’s Baby, The Verdict, American Gigolo, Reds, The Godfather, and Chinatown.
- Julie was a fashion icon in the 60s. She generated controversy when she appeared in an intense love scene with actor Donald Sutherland in the horror movie Don’t Look Now. Some people even speculated that they were not acting but were actually engaging in intercourse.