John Boyega is a notable British actor, producer, and activist. He is famous for his roles in movies Attack the Block, Pacific Rim: Uprising and Star Wars sequel trilogy. Read on to learn about John Boyega Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
John Boyega Wiki
|Full Name||John Adedayo Bamidele Adegboyega|
|Date of Birth||17 March 1992|
|Place of Birth||Lambeth, London, England|
|Occupation||Actor, activist, producer|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|John Boyega Net Worth||$6 Million|
John Adedayo Bamidele Adegboyega was conceived on 17 March 1992 in London, UK. His parents are Nigerian immigrants. His father Samson Adegboyega was a minister and his mom Abigail was a social worker. His dad wanted Boyega to become a preacher like himself but John had other plans. He enrolled in Westminster City School and then went to South Thames College to obtain a diploma in Arts. John also joined the University of Greenwich but quit it later to pursue his acting career.
John Boyega started his glorious career by appearing in the 2011 comedy sci-fi movie Attack the Block. The film was a critical success throwing him into the limelight. In 2013, he appeared in the movie Half of a Yellow Sun. Then he starred in the drama film Imperial Dreams.
John got a major breakthrough when he was selected to appear as Finn in the 2015 movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Upon its release, the movie broke all box office records and became the first movie to gross $2 billion worldwide. John gained international fame and acclaim from this film. In 2017, he was cast as Ty in the thriller movie The Circle which was a disappointment.
In 2017, he appeared in the historical drama film Detroit which was a critical success. His performance was appreciated in this movie. He reprised his role of Finn in the movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It was both a critical and commercial success earning over $1.3 billion. In 2018, Boyega landed the role of Jake Pentecost in the sci-fi movie Pacific Rim: Uprising. It was considered a box office disappointment due to a very big budget.
In 2019, John Boyega again appeared as Finn in the movie Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. It received mixed reviews and grossed over $1 billion worldwide. He is slated to appear in upcoming movies The Formula, Naked Singularity and They Cloned Tyrone. On TV, he has appeared in The Whale, 24: Live Another Day, Becoming Human, Watership Down, Tinkershrimp & Dutch, Star Wars Forces of Destiny, and Small Axe. His performance was highly appreciated in the TV movie Small Axe.
Awards and Achievements
John has received several awards in his amazing career. In 201, he was awarded the Best Actor Award at Black Reel Awards. He also got nominated for an Empire Award, Evening Standard British Film Awards, London Film Critics’ Circle Award, and British Independent Film Awards. In 2015, he grabbed the Rising Star Award at BAFTA Awards.
John Boyega was nominated for MTV Movie Awards, Saturn Award, Georgia Film Critics Association Award, and Kids’ Choice Awards in 2015. In 2014, he got nominated for a Teen Choice Award. In 2020, Boyega received nominations for the Critics’ Choice Television Award and London Film Critics’ Circle Award for his performance in Small Axe.
How much is John Boyega Net Worth?
According to various sources, John Boyega Net Worth is evaluated to be $6 Million. He has accumulated his wealth from his acting career.
Facts about John Boyega
- John Boyega is one of the most famous and leading British actors in the world.
- He holds dual nationality of Nigeria and the UK. His zodiac is Pisces. Boyega is a Christian.
- His hair is black and his eye color is dark brown. His girlfriend’s identity is not known.
- His father wanted him to become a pastor.
- John started his distinguished career at the age of 9.
- He was brought up in a rough neighborhood where criminal activities were normal but thankfully, John didn’t get involved in street gangs.
- He went to the Identity School of Acting to study Drama and Acting.
- John has a great liking for Marvel comics and has expressed a desire to play Black Panther one day.
- He is active on social media sites. His Instagram account has over 2.2 million followers and his Twitter account has more than 2 million followers. His Facebook account has over 275k likes.
- John is also an activist. He campaigned for the Black Lives Matter organization. Furthermore, he doesn’t drink alcohol.
- In 2020, he slammed Disney for not giving more importance to his Star Wars character Finn in the movie trilogy.
- John was included in the list of Top 100 Most Influential People in the UK of African descent by Powerlist magazine.
- He is very good friends with Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, and Oscar Isaac.