Jeremy Irons is a notable British actor and activist. He is well-known for his roles in movies The Lion King (1994), Reversal of Fortune, Die Hard with a Vengeance, The French Lieutenant’s Woman, Dead Ringer, and Justice League. He has won several major awards in his illustrious career. Read further to know Jeremy Irons Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
Jeremy Irons Wiki
|Full Name||Jeremy John Irons|
|Date of Birth||19 September 1948|
|Place of Birth||Cowes, Isle of Wight, England|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, activist, producer, director|
|Spouse/Partner||Sinéad Cusack (Current Wife)|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Jeremy Irons Net Worth||$16 Million|
Jeremy Irons was conceived on September 19, 1948, in Isle of Wight, England. He belongs to Irish and Scottish ethnicity. Jeremy joined the independent Sherborne School in Dorset to pursue his studies. He was interested in music in his teens and played drums in a school band.
Jeremy Irons started his praiseworthy career by appearing in 1971 TV series The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. His next appearance was in the TV series The Pallisers. In 1981, he got a breakthrough when he was cast in TV show Brideshead Revisited. This show brought him recognition and fame. He made his film debut in movie Nijinsky.
Jeremy next appeared in the drama movie The French Lieutenant’s Woman. It was a critical success. In 1983, he starred in Betrayal. In 1986, he was cast as Father Gabriel in the drama film The Mission which went on to win Palme d’Or. In 1988, he played a dual role in the horror film Dead Ringers. His acting was appreciated in this movie.
In 1990, Jeremy Irons portrayed Claus von Bülow in the drama film Reversal of Fortune. Upon its release, the movie was a critical and commercial success. Jeremy won several awards for his magnificent performance including an Oscar and a Golden Globe. In 1991, he played Franz Kafta in the movie Kafta. In 1994, he voiced the character Scar in Disney animated movie The Lion King which was a huge box office hit.
In 1995, Iron portrayed Simon Gruber in the action movie Die Hard with a Vengeance which grossed over $350 million worldwide. In 1997, he was cast in the movie Lolita as Humbert Humbert. Irons appeared in the 2000 movie Dungeons & Dragons. He has also appeared in movies Red Sparrow, Beautiful Creatures, High-Rise, The Man Who Knew Infinity, Race, Assassin’s Creed, Justice League, Australia, The Words, Eye of the Leopard, Being Julia, Appaloosa, Eragon, The Pink Panther 2, Kingdom of Heaven and The Man in the Iron Mask. Most recently, he appeared as Adrian Veidt in the TV show Watchmen.
In Theatre, he has acted in productions of The Rear Column, The Taming of the Shrew, A Little Night Music, Richard II, Oh! What a Lovely War, Godspell, The Caretaker, Much Ado About Nothing, The Diary of a Madman, Impressionism, Celebration, As You Like It, What the Butler Saw, he Winter’s Tale, Macbeth, Long Day’s Journey into Night and Wild Oats.
Awards and Achievements
Jeremy Irons has won several awards in his noteworthy career. He has won 3 Primetime Emmy Awards. In 1984, he was awarded the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play. In 2006, he received the SAG Award for Outstanding Actor in a Miniseries or Movie. For his performance in the 1990 movie ”Reversal of Fortune, Jeremy won the Oscar Award for Best Actor and Golden Globe for Best Actor.
In 2006, Irons was awarded another Golden Globe Award in the category of Best Supporting Actor – Television. He has also grabbed the New York Film Critics Circle Awards for Best Actor, National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor, Chicago Film Critics Association Award, Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance, David di Donatello Award for Best Foreign Actor, and Special Achievement Award at European Film Awards. His other nominations include Grammy Awards, Behind the Voice Actors Awards, BAFTA Awards, and Awards Circuit Community Awards.
How much is Jeremy Irons Net Worth?
According to various sources, Jeremy Irons Net Worth is evaluated at $16 Million. He has generated his wealth through his impressive acting career and endorsements.
Facts about Jeremy Irons
- Jeremy Irons is one of the best actors of all time. He has given many memorable performances in numerous movies and TV series. He is one of the few performers to win the Triple Crown of Acting.
- His full name is Jeremy John Irons His Zodiac is Virgo. His hair color is Grey and his eyes are of light brown color. He wears a shoe of size 11.
- He was good friends with Paul Getty. He can also speak French. Irons is a Catholic.
- His father’s name is Paul Dugan Irons and his mother’s name is Barbara Anne Brereton Brymer.
- It might interest you to know that he rejected the offer to play Hannibal Lecter in the movie The Silence of the Lambs which was eventually played by Anthony Hopkins.
- Jeremy likes to collect cars and bikes. He owns a Morris Minor, Honda 50, Audi A6 Quatro estate, BMW cruising bike, a Volkswagen rag-top Beetle, and Ducati Bike.
- He has donated a lot of money to Labour Party in the United Kingdom.
- He used to be a gardener, house-cleaner, stage manager, and busker in the past.
- Jeremey likes skiing and horseriding. He has played movie antagonists many times.
- He is hitched twice and has two children. His current wife is actress Sinéad Cusack.
- In 2011, United Nations chose him as its Goodwill Ambassador.
- Jeremy Irons is not active on any social media sites.
- He is not only a great actor but also a great humanitian. Irons was one of the first celebrities to raise awareness about AIDS. He supports several charities and causes.