Ian Hislop is a famous British journalist, writer, comedian, TV presenter and editor. He is a well-known TV personality having appeared in the quiz show Have I Got News for You on the BBC channel. Keep reading to get to know about Ian Hislop net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Ian Hislop Wiki
|Full Name||Ian David Hislop|
|Date of Birth||13 July 1960|
|Place of Birth||Mumbles, Swansea, Wales|
|Occupation||Journalist, editor, comedian, writer, TV personality, TV presenter, columnist|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Ian Hislop Net Worth||$10 Million|
Ian David Hislop was born in the year 1960 in Glamorgan, Wales in the United Kingdom, and is a famous journalist plus writer plus broadcaster with a tremendous fan following. His father David Hislop was from Scotland and his mother Helen Rosemarie Hislop was from the Channel Islands. Ian never got to meet his grandparents. He traveled all over the world due to his dad’s job. He visited many countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Nigeria, and Hong Kong.
It was in the year 1990 a British-based quiz show titled ‘’Have I Got News for You’’ was first broadcasted and even now this panel show has got a great following. In this show, Ian Hislop has made his presence felt as he is the only person to appear in each and every episode from 1990 till now.
As an editor of a satirical magazine titled ‘’Private Eye,’’ he was simply sensational and won many hearts of the readers. His parents are David Hislop and Helen Rosemarie Hislop. It is interesting to mention that he lived in many places like Kuwait, Nigeria, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia during his childhood years. Ian Hislop did his education at the prestigious Ardingly College is known. Many people are curious about Ian Hislop net worth because of his sensational career.
Nick Newman is a highly famous comedy scriptwriter cum satirical cartoonist from Britain. Ian Hislop got associated with this Newman and created a sensation. They both went to the renowned Oxford University and later they both worked for the famous satirical and current affairs magazine titled ‘’Private Eye’’. Things went off well in his life and in the year 1986, he became editor.
As the most sued man in the legal history of England, Ian Hislop’s name and fame reached every nook and corner. In a chat show named ‘’Loose Talk’’, Ian Hislop made his presence felt and that show was his first for television. Later, he was regarded highly for his many appearances in a TV show titled ‘’Have I Got News for You’’.
In the year 1996, he caught the attention of many viewers when on Channel 4 he presented documentary series about the history of the Church of England and he was spoken in high esteem. He has also presented several TV shows.
In the BBC Radio 4 series titled ‘’Real Patron Saints,’’ he was simply superb and made a huge impression on many. BBC radio series titled ‘’Gush’’ is very famous and this Ian Hislop was co-writer for this series and was appreciated. It was in 1988 he married a woman named Victoria and the couple have two kids named William David Hislop and Emily Helen Hislop. The whole family now lives in Sissinghurst in Kent, England.
Ian Hislop Net Worth
According to several sources, Ian Hislop has a net worth of $10 million. He has accumulated his wealth via his amazing career and endorsements. He bought a home worth £4 million some time ago.
Facts about Ian Hislop
- Ian Hislop is one of the most prominent TV personalities in the UK. His zodiac is Cancer.
- His many appearances in television and radio programs have won him many applauds and he has caught the attention of many.
- His father was an engineer and had to travel to many countries for his work. When Ian was just 12, his father died.
- His son Will Hislop is an actor and stand-up comedian.
- Ian is not active on social media sites.
- Ian Hislop has claimed that he went to the same school in Saudi Arabia where Osama Bin Alden studied.
- His wife is a best-selling author. He has two children with her.
- He has written many books such as Trial By Laughter, A Bunch of Amateurs, I object: Ian Hislop’s search for dissent and The Wiper Times.
- In 2017, Ian was awarded the London Press Club’s print journalist of the year award.
- He is a fierce critic of Boris Johnson. Ian was also the winner of Outstanding Contribution to British Media at the Campaign British Media Awards 2019.
- Ian has been included in the 50 funniest acts in British comedy by The Observer newspaper.