Harvey Keitel is a respected American actor and producer. He is well known for his performances in movies Bad Lieutenant, The Piano, Bugsy, Pulp Fiction, Taxi Driver, Mean Streets, From Dust till Dawn, The Irishman, and Reservoir Dogs. This legendary actor has been working in films for the last five decades. Keep reading to get to know Harvey Keitel Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
Harvey Keitel Wiki
|Full Name||Harvey Keitel|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1939|
|Place of Birth||New York City, USA|
|Occupation||Actor, film producer|
Daphna Kastner (Current Wife)
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Harvey Keitel Net Worth||$45 Million|
Harvey Keitel was conceived on May 13, 1939, in New York City. His mother was from Romania and his father was from Poland. Harvey went to Abraham Lincoln High School for his studies. When he was just 16 years old, he joined the United States Marine Corps. This led him to become a part of Operation Blue Bat in Lebanon.
Harvey started his incredible career by appearing in the 1967 movie Who’s That Knocking at My Door. It was also the first film of director Martin Scorsese. The two became good friends during filming. In 1973, he landed the lead role of Charlie in the crime thriller Mean Streets. It was a commercial and critical success also giving major break to the career of Robert De Niro.
In 1974, Harvey appeared in the drama film Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore. In 1976, Martin Scorsese cast him again in his movie Taxi Driver as a p!mp. His performance was well-liked and he was nominated for many awards. The movie was a smashing success too winning the prestigious Palme d’Or. In 1977, he joined Ridley Scott’s first film The Duellists.
In the 1980s, Harvey Keitel didn’t get any significant roles. He appeared in Scorsese’s movie The Last Temptation of Christ as Judas for which he got negative reviews. In 1991, he was cast as Mickey Cohen in the crime drama movie Bugsy which reintroduced him to general audiences. His performance was critically acclaimed and he won several awards. In 1992, Harvey appeared in Reservoir Dogs which is considered a classic now. In 1993, he joined the cast of the drama film The Piano which got great reviews and was nominated for several Oscars.
In 1994, Quentin Tarantino cast Harvey in one of his most famous roles Winston ‘The Wolf’ Wolfe in the movie Pulp Fiction. It was a Box Office success earning over $200 million and ultimately winning the Palme d’Or. Harvey appeared in the 1995 movie Smoke. He was given the lead role in the drama film Ulysses’ Gaze. In 1996, he also made an appearance in From Dust Till Dawn. In 2000, he appeared as CPO Henry Klough in U-571.
In 2002, Harvey was cast as FBI Agent Jack Crawford in the action movie Red Dragon. It was a box office success grossing over $200 million. He has also appeared in Be Cool, National Treasure, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, The Ministers, Little Fockers, The Last Godfather, One Last Dance, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Irishman, Youth, Madame, The Congress and Fatima.
Harvey Keitel has also appeared in several TV series such as Life on Mars, Amazing Stories, The Ellen Burstyn Show, Great Performances, Kojak, Fail-Safe, Fatal Honeymoon, N.Y.P.D., Dark Shadows and Hogan’s Heroes.
Awards and Achievements
Harvey Keitel has won a lot of awards in his distinguished career. In 1991, he was nominated for an Oscar and a Golden Globe for his performance in the crime movie Bugsy. He has won a National Society of Film Critics Award, Fantasporto’s International Fantasy Film Award, Gotham Award, Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor, CinEuphoria Award, David di Donatello for Best Foreign Actor, and Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead.
Harvey was honored with the Stanislavsky Award at the 24th Moscow International Movie Festival in 2002. In 2005, he was given the Lifetime Achievement award at Istanbul International Film Festival. He has also achieved an AFI award for his movie The Piano.
Harvey Keitel Net Worth
Harvey Keitel has a net worth of $45 million. He earned this wealth by appearing in over 50 movies. Harvey has also endorsed several brands in his career.
Facts about Harvey Keitel
- Harvey is of Jewish descent. His parents immigrated to America from Eastern Europe.
- He has worked as a shoe salesman and court stenographer in the past.
- Harvey has worked with several distinguished actors and directors such as Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese, and Ridley Scott.
- Het gets nervous when he gives interviews. He has his own production company The Goatsingers.
- Harvey was paid a $90,00 salary for his role in the 1980 movie Saturn 3.
- He appeared nude in the movies ”The Piano” and ”Bad Lieutenant”.
- He lost the role of Curly in the movie City Slickers that went to Jack Palance and won him an Oscar.
- Harvey was let go from Francis Ford Coppola’s war movie Apocalypse Now.
- Empire magazine placed him at #95 in their ”100 Sexiest Stars in the history of film” list. Similarly, he was placed at #37 position in their list ”Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time”.
- Harvey Keitel is not active on social media. He is currently married to Canadian actress and director Daphna Kastner. He has three children with three different women.
- He has worked with famous director Marin Scorsese 6 times. He is one of Marty’s favorite actors.