Don Imus was a famous American radio host, TV personality, and author. Being a multi-talented person, Imus had gained sky-high fame through his brilliant performance as a radio host and humorist from America. He was also a landscape photographer. He had achieved so much success in his career which is quite inspiring. Keep reading to learn about Don Imus net worth.
View this post on Instagram
Don Imus Wiki
|Full Name||John Donald Imus Jr.|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1940|
|Place of Birth||Riverside, California, United States|
|Occupation||Radio host, TV personality, author|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Don Imus Net Worth||$75 Million|
Don and his family are from Riverside of California, where he was born on 23rd July 1940. His father was John Donald Imus and his mother was Frances E. He was not the first person who came to host a talk show, his elder brother Fred Imus also was a renowned talk show host. He was brought up in Arizona, where he grew up on a sprawling cattle ranch. The name of that was “The Willows”.
Imus left his school and further education when he was just 17 and he became the bugler of Marine Corps, the armed force of the USA. He was there for three years and then he became the brakeman of Southern Pacific Railroad.
Don Imus was a writer, recording artist, TV host, and triumphant philanthropist. His career had grown up with so many struggles and he overcame all the drawbacks of his career with determination and hard work. In the early days of his career, he was an alcohol-addicted man but he overcame the issue with proper treatment and his strategies of life.
Imus in the Morning is the most popular radio broadcasting show in the United States, which was aired on Cumulus Media Networks. He won the prestigious NAB broadcasting Hall of Fame award for his great works. His nationally syndicated talk show on radio is the reason that he had a huge fan following.
His life was changed when he participated in a talent hunt show at the nightclub of Johnny Otis. He was not a radio host from the first day, he started with songwriting. From 1968 he began his career as an RJ and that was the turning point of his career. Don appeared on television also with several shows at different times.
People will remember his speech on the purpose of the Radio and Television Correspondence Dinner. His career is designed with many awards; he has won the Marconi Award four times. Don had written many books and columns also. He married twice. After ten years of married life with his wife Harriet, they parted away and Don married again. He has six children from his two marriages. He suffered from prostate cancer. In 2018, Don died from lung disease.
Awards and Nominations
Don Imus had won many awards and accolades in his amazing career. He was the recipient of 4 Marconi Awards. In 1997, Time magazine named him as one of the 25 Most Influential People in the United States. In 1989, Don Imus was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame. Talkers magazine included Imus in their list of the top 25 greatest radio talk show hosts ever in 2002.
How much is Don Imus Net Worth?
According to various sources, Don Imus Net Worth is evaluated to be $75 Million. He earned his wealth via his career, TV shows, books, sponsorships, and endorsements.
Facts about Don Imus
- Don’s full name was John Donald Imus Jr. His zodiac was Leo. He was of Polish, Welsh, English, and Jewish descent.
- Don Imus was one of the most popular and leading radio personalities in the world.
- He was a very controversial person. He used to make jokes about women, gays, black people, and other ethnic minorities which was considered insensitive and racist. He was fired from his contract when he made such jokes about a women’s basketball team.
- Don was alleged to use the n-word a lot which upset and offended many people. He made controversial statements about Adam ”Pacman” Jones which angered many people.
- He also released several albums and wrote many songs. He wrote and published two books titled Two Guys Four Corners: Great Photographs, Great Times, and a Million Laughs and God’s Other Son.
- Imus suffered from prostate cancer. He was married twice and had 6 children.
- He was the owner of Imus Ranch which was a non-profit organization for children diagnosed with cancer. Don also did a lot of charity work.
- Due to his outspoken nature, Imus was sued a lot in his life. He also starred in a couple of movies.