DJ Switch is a prominent Nigerian DJ, rapper, and musician. She is known for being the winner of 2013’s The Glo X-Factor. Not to confuse with another DJ Switch who is a 13-year old Ghanaian musician. DJ Switch has released several songs in her incredible career. Keep reading to learn about DJ Switch net worth.
View this post on Instagram
DJ Switch Wiki
|Full Name||Obianuju Catherine Udeh|
|Date of Birth||1984|
|Place of Birth||Udi, Nigeria|
|Occupation||DJ, musician, songwriter|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|DJ Switch Net Worth||$0.8 Million|
DJ Switch took birth in 1984 in Udi, Nigeria. Her parents information is not available on the internet. She grew up in Warri. She has 7 other siblings. Obianuju went to the University of Port Harcourt and gained a degree in Geology. She currently resides in Lagos. Her father has passed away.
In 2013, she won The Glo X-Factor. After she won this show, she signed to Sony Music and P-Classic label. J Switch was also a member of the group Da Pulse. The band won the reality TV series Star Quest in 2009. They won cash prize money of N3.6 million and other rewards. In 2020, DJ Switch performed as a DJ at BBNaija’s season 4 Lockdown where she kept the audience entertained for over 2 hours. Many people are curious about DJ Switch net worth because of her amazing career.
Some of her most famous songs are Koma, Whine, 1 Shot, Yah, Ride, Dope, Switch, Sone of the soil, Penalty Dance, Oluwa, Give me more, Now or Never, My Body, Party on the Weekend, Makusa, Clap for them, Way it go, Gun Gun, Bad Man, and Baby O. She has worked with several artists such as Falz, Patoranking, Olamide, Busta Rhymes, 2Baba and YCee.
According to several reports, DJ Switch has kept her dating life out from public view. She is reported to have a 15 years old daughter whose father’s identity is unknown.
Awards & Nominations
DJ Switch has received various awards in her incredible career. In 2016, she was awarded the City People Award for Best Female DJ. She was also nominated for the Most Promising Act of the Year. Moreover, Switch is the recipient of the Top Naija Music Award. DJ Switch Biography is a source of motivation for young female artists all over the world.
DJ Switch Net Worth
According to our research, DJ Switch has a predictable net worth of $800,000. She has earned her wealth via her DJ career, songs, live concerts, and endorsements.
Facts about DJ Switch
- DJ Switch’s real name is Obianuju Catherine Udeh. She is of black descent. Her zodiac is unknown.
- She is a single mother. She is married and is raising her 15-year-old daughter alone. Obianuju has stated that she would not like to reveal the name of her daughter’s father.
- She is one of the richest and leading DJs in Nigeria.
- DJ Switch used to work at Halliburton but she left this good-paying job to start her musical career.
- She was featured by CNN in their article ”Nigeria’s Female DJ’s spinning against stereotypes” in 2018.
- Obianuju has a large social media fan following. Her Instagram handle has over 850k followers and her Twitter profile has more than 250k followers. Her Facebook page has 50k followers.
- She is also an activist. DJ Switch has donated money to many charities. Not only is she a great DJ, but she is also a great human being.
- In 2020, DJ Switch live-streamed the Lekki massacre. In the video, it appears that people are trying to remove a bullet from a wounded man who was shot by police.
- She also makes additional money through sponsored posts. Major brands pay a lot of money to famous celebs like DJ Switch to promote their products on social media.