Damian Lewis is a famous British actor. He is well-known for his roles in the miniseries Band of Brothers, TV show Billions, Homeland and Wolf Hall. Keep reading and we”ll reveal Damian Lewis Net Worth in this article.
View this post on Instagram
Damian Lewis Wiki
|Full Name||Damian Watcyn Lewis|
|Date of Birth||11 February 1971|
|Place of Birth||St John’s Wood, London, England|
Helen McCrory (Current Wife)
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Damian Lewis Net Worth||$14 Million|
Damian Watcyn Lewis was conceived on 11 February 1971 in London, UK. His father John Watcyn Lewis was an insurance agent and his mother Charlotte Mary was a housewife. He comes from a very prominent Welsh family. Damian enrolled in Ashdown House School and then joined Eton College. He did his graduation from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. He decided to become an actor at the age of sixteen.
Damien Lewis started his incredible career by appearing in the TV series Agatha Christie’s Poirot. Next, he appeared in the TV show A Touch of Frost. In 2000, he starred in the drama series Life Force. His next appearance was in Hearts and Bones. In 2001, he got a breakthrough when he was cast as Maj. Richard D. Winters in mini-series Band of Brothers. His acting was praised in this war series.
In 2002, Lewis joined the cast of the TV series The Forsyte Saga as Soames Forsyte. He gained fame and attention from this show. In 2005, Damian appeared in the series Colditz. In 2006, he presented the show have I Got News for You. In 2007, he portrayed Charlie Crews in the drama series Life. In 2011, Damian gained recognition and wealth when he was selected to play Nicholas Brody in the thriller drama series Homeland. The series was a huge success and earned him several awards and accolades.
In 2016, Damian Lewis appeared in the TV series Billions as Bobby Axelrod. This series has aired 5 seasons and is still in production. He also appeared as Henry VIII of England in the acclaimed show WolfHall.
Damian has also appeared in numerous movies, for example, Stormbreaker, Chromophobia, Keane, Brides, The Silent Storm, Romeo & Juliet, The Escapist, Our Kind of Traitor, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Bill, Robinson Crusoe, Dreamcatcher, and Your Highness. On Stage, Damian has appeared in productions of The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?, Hamlet, The Misanthrope, and American Buffalo.
Awards and Nominations
Damian Lewis has been awarded several times in his illustrious career. In 2001, he won the Best Actor – Series and Serials Award. He was also nominated for a Golden Globe Award and Satellite Award for his performance in Band of Brothers. In 2005, he received a nomination for a Gotham Award.
In 2012, Damian got the Emmy Award for ”Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series”. In 2013, he won the Golden Globe Award for his amazing performance in the series Homeland. He has also been nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award, and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
How much is Damian Lewis Net Worth?
According to various sources, Damian Lewis Net Worth is evaluated to be $14 Million. He has earned his wealth from appearing in TV series and movies. He charges a salary of $250,000 per episode.
Facts about Damian Lewis
- Damian’s full name is Damian Watcyn Lewis. His zodiac is Aquarius.
- He belongs to Scottish, Irish, German Jewish, Welsh, and English ethnicity.
- His eye color is green and his hair color is red. He has received several endorsement deals from major brands.
- Damian is a Christian. He has appeared in many commercials.
- He started acting at the age of 16.
- Damian used to sell car alarms in his teens.
- He is a generous person and supports the charities Christian Aid and Scene and Heard.
- Damian Lewis is active on social media. His Twitter profile has over 210k followers and his Facebook page has 60,000 likes.
- He is currently hitched to British actress Helen McCrory. They have two beautiful children together.
- He loves football and supports Liverpool Football Club.
- In 2014, Damian was honored to become the Officer of the Order of the British Empire.